Sunday, September 02, 2012

City girl in Europe

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 31; the thirty-first edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. The theme for the month is 'Strangers in the Night'

Last week I went to meet my friend Vangelis who is a European guy, I met him in Delhi while attending one of my workshops. After that workshop he went to Thailand for another workshop. He came to Delhi last week only, and asked me to meet for a coffee.

As our plan we met at Khan Market Metro station, I saw him from back side he was in red top and green lower (very different type of dressing :)) and the coincident was I was also in same color. I wearied red kurti, green payjami with green duppta I dint noticed that but he noticed and said this to me. After that we went to a European restaurant and I was new in this kind of environment. I was lots of thoughts that “can able to adjust in this kind of atmosphere where alcohol and other drinks were serving like normal cold drinks and etc.”



Still I was with him and observing everything there, I can see lots of Europeans there, I was thinking like I am in between Strangers in the Night or I am not in India but in Europe. Their culture was very different from me, few Indians were also there but also modified like Europeans and these Indians and European were looking me like I was an escaped animal of a zoo just because of I was not fitting in the atmosphere, I was in fully in Indian traditional style and they all are in western.

There I met with his two friends also, they were waiting for him. One is a girl and another is boy. Girl was totally white and boy was also same but boy had long hair till his shoulder. They were talking and I was just observing the atmosphere and culture of western country. Boy was smoking continuously as well as drinking pomegranate juice regularly. I observed that both girl and boy were giving lots of face gestures while talking but in India especially male doesn’t do that.



Then I saw an Indian girl who was sitting alone in a corner and having a big cup of cold coffee and having a cigarette in her left hand and she was writing something in her big diary but she was the only girl who was in Indian style dress other than me.

In this entire situation we had our coffee as well as dinner also. He was busy in talking with her and mean while he introduced me to them and some time talking to me also. Like that my coffee meet it’s end with Strangers in the Night and he dropped me at khan market metro station. I was feeling like finally I came to India again.

The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. Introduced By: BLOGGER NAME, Participation Count: 01

27 comments:

  1. Welcome back to India!! :) :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd man out I believe.. Absolute strangers in the night :P

    Keep writing! Good luck for BAT!

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb penning. Well plotted and worded. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel out of place half of the time as I travel a lot, all over India! Others seem to fit in fine, anywhere. Is it because we writers are wired differently? Some interesting points you make. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they might feel the same about our culture :)keep blogging :)

    all the best for BAT :)

    if you have time do visit
    Strangers in the night

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had to go slow to understand. :)

    And still, I am sure, I could not capture every facet. But yes, welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey frnds... Thanx for visiting my blog and showing interest in it. Really It was very odd experience for me and now sharing it as blog and participating in BAT is also good. I don't know how much likes/rating my blog will score but I am happy to see that u all had read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its amazing how we can find Indians in every single corner of the world! Best wishes for BAT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Deepa Thanq so much... Really I saw Indian people there they all were looks like Indian converted Europians ;p

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll hardly find a place where Indians are not there!:)Anyway your blog seems very nice, specially the orientation looks really attractive! All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. welcome back home :)
    we Indians are everywhere...so sometimes its ok to 've others here
    ATB for BAT :)
    i could not participate...but u can see my post here
    Karan - Strangers in the Night

    ReplyDelete
  12. Niice one! Welcome to India, city girl...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice one!
    Thanks for the comments and keep writing some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yep...there are places in India where Indians feel out of place!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting experience. I had the same experience of being in a foreign country when visiting the expat colony where my client was staying in.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @The Fool, really this kind of experience gives us different kind of feeling which can not pen downed any how. This can only feel

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pen is the tongue of the mind.
    इंसान का दिमाग छाता की तरह होता है
    बेहतरीन तरीके से काम करता है जब वो खुला होता हैं|
    हम जिंदगी को दुबारा चखने के लिए लिखते है
    इसलिए कल्पना की इस उड़ान को यु ही बरकरार रखिए|

    ReplyDelete
  18. Getting out of the out of place places - that's what I call relief ! Rt ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. aweee.....now where did you get that look of your blog from ?????? I want it tooo !!! :P:P

    and secondly,yeah, feeling out of place in that condition was completely obvious! :):)
    best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is amazing to be surprised by the world. It doesn`t happen too often so be glad! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. @ashzzes if u really want this theme give me uur mail id surely I vl mail u. and thank you for reading and understanding my feeling,

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gud one Teddy. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you about this post..

Great People.. Love You All :)